Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer's fading away


Tues. Sept 6/11

Well, we've had a late, but great summer.
But now the nights are getting colder, and our shadows grow long.
I used to feel very energetic this time of year, but since 2001
I mostly feel sad.
This is an emotional and tough time of year for me.
September 2nd marked 10 years since my dad unexpectedly left our world.
Hard to believe, time passes so quickly.

Our old dog Spike has been slowing down, and I wonder if he'll
still be with us by Christmas.
Reminds me when the Dr. told me that- about my mom… "Thanksgiving, yes,
Christmas, I don't think so." She was right.
And in the midst of that, was 9/11.
*sigh*
Anyhow, it's all part of life, and there's not much I can do about it.

Wed Sept 14/11

( I didn't want to end on a sad note.)
I took Spike for a short walk the other day, to Laird Creek, to see if the kokanee
salmon are spawning yet. Sure enough, they are. I took a couple of videos and want to
put them together into one clip ...

No comments: