Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Weddings are a lot like flowers.

It's spring here in the Kootenays …



 the season of new life, with courtships and weddings popping up, 
sort of like the variety of plants and flowers sprouting in my garden.






Short version: Weddings are a lot like flowers,




Longer version:
 I love flowers with their amazing colours and endless variety.

Since weddings and bouquet charms are on my mind a lot these days it makes me wonder: 

"Are there similarities between weddings and flowers?"

  Hmmm, I never really thought about it, but now that I am, let's see...
Weddings are often: colourful, vibrant, elegant, exciting, memorable events. 
They come in infinite varieties: sizes, presentations, characteristics, traditions, expectations, 
and even emotions can vary  significantly. 


 With so much variety in weddings, what do they all (or almost all) have in common?
A wedding is really a ceremony that begins a marriage.  Uniting the lives of 2 people- to each other, 
based on commitment and a desire to bond their lives together, call it love.

  If Love is the soil, our earth, it provides the nutrition and base for all the flowers to grow and multiply. 
 A flower, can multiply and become a family.  Many other families are connected by numerous weddings to form a unique garden, in a plot, in a community, in a region, in a zone, in a planet…. um, maybe I'm getting carried away.

Some flowers will thrive and grow well together creating a beautiful, harmonious space, while some are more prolific or aggressive, taking over and pushing others out of the way…


 Yes, I believe I could go on, but I won't. (Not now anyhow. I certainly don't want to get into  "weeds"… and seeds.   : )

 Anyhow, I guess the analogy of a wedding being like flowers, has a lot going for it.

I like the idea of a garden full of weddings. Families, growing and thriving together, with their roots bound in love.



I will likely read this again in a couple of weeks (to add more links), and feel silly for posting it, but I hope not.

 I'd love to hear  your thoughts...

No comments: